** The next session of the Adult ADHD Skills Group is starting Jan. 23, 2017. For more information, see below. **
Living with ADD/ADHD can be challenging. ADD/ADHD is often simplified as a disorder of forgetfulness and/or hyperactivity. However, the biochemical differences in an ADHD brain have much wider implications and can lead to other frustrating symptoms, such as:
- Emotion dysregulation (being labeled as “too sensitive” or feeling quick to anger/frustration)
- Difficulty remembering details of conversations
- Trouble planning out steps of projects or assignments
- Difficulties in personal relationships and/or group conversations
- Inaccurate time estimation, leading you to be late or not start projects on time
As a therapist who specializes in working with clients who have ADHD, I work with individuals to learn more about the root causes of ADHD and what they can do to manage their symptoms and feel productive again. Therapy is often a mix of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and skills training.
Several times a year I offer a ADD/ADHD skills training and support groups for adults. Topics covered include:
- ADHD effects on relationships
- Managing finances
- Setting and reaching goals
- Self care
- and more…
** The next ADHD skills group for ADULTS will start on January 23rd and last six weeks. Group will be held on Mondays from 2:00-3:00pm. Pre-registation is required. If you would like to download a flier, click here. To register for the group, please call me at 503-260-9153 or email email@example.com.
If you are interested in being notified about future group opportunities, please contact me.